Movida Privacy Statement
Movida UK Ltd. (Movida) respects your privacy and abides by privacy regulations. Movida will ensure that the personal data gathered about you or that you provide to Movida is processed confidentially and with the utmost possible care.
There are several recurring definitions in this Privacy Statement. They are explained for you below, where they may also be used in plural:
- GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation, in force since 25 May 2018.
- User: any user of the Website.
- Client: any party that enters into an agreement with Movida as a result of which Personal Data is processed.
- Personal Data: any data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Privacy Statement: this privacy statement from Movida that governs the processing of Personal Data.
- Movida: the private company with limited liability Movida UK Ltd., with registered offices in (L31 8BX) 39 Sefton Lane Industrial Est. Liverpool
- Process/processing: any (set of) operations, such as: collecting, capturing, recording, editing, structuring, storing, adapting or modifying, retrieving, consulting, using, disclosing by transmission, disseminating or otherwise making available, aligning or combining, blocking, erasing, or destroying Personal Data.
- Website: Movida’s website, specifically: wwww.movida.uk.
- What we do
Movida is a leading company primarily in the telecoms space. For example, Movida handles the supply, installation and maintenance of communications and telematics equipment, and takes on the set-up of telecom systems and telematics management for companies. Movida also provides advice and support on telecom and telematics-related issues.
In order to achieve its goals, Movida processes Personal Data.
- The legal grounds on which and purposes for which we process Personal Data
Movida only processes your Personal Data when:
- the collection and recording of data, such as name, address, contact details and bank account numbers from existing or potential Clients and the relevant contact persons in order to complete assignments and draw up contracts may be necessary to properly execute the existing or potential agreement with the Client;
- receiving, processing, and responding to business e-mail and telephone calls involving the processing of your name, e-mail, the content of your e-mails and telephone calls may also be necessary for the execution of the agreement between a Client and Movida, and Movida also has a legitimate business interest in doing so;
- it is necessary to send and receive invoices to comply with the agreement between the Client and Movida, and Movida also has a legitimate business interest in doing so;
- it is necessary to process your name, contact details, title, device usage, device information, and installation preferences for installation and repair work on your devices and appliances to comply with the agreement;
- Movida is required to meet a legal obligation;
- maintaining financial records that process your name, address, job title, employee number, contact details, and financial transactions may be necessary to comply with a legal obligation, such as a tax obligation;
- Movida has a legitimate (business) interest (Movida naturally considers whether this will result in a disproportionate breach of your privacy);
- Movida has a legitimate business interest in receiving, processing, and responding to business e-mails and telephone calls involving the processing of your name, e-mail, and the content of your e-mails and telephone calls:
- Movida has a legitimate business interest in maintaining and building a business network that involves processing your name, contact details, date of birth, gender, title, and interests;
- you have given your consent;
- your e-mail and name need to be processed for the purpose of being able to send newsletters and other informative messages. You may withdraw this consent at any time by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing based on previously granted consent.
- What categories of Personal Data we process
Movida processes the following Personal Data as necessary for the provision of services, as already described by purpose above:
- name (first name, surname, and initials);
- address information, residential information;
- contact details, interests, date of birth, and gender;
- title and professional activity of Principals and their contact persons;
- device information, device usage, and device installation preferences;
- web browsing behaviour, device information, and IP address;
- location information and mileage information;
- data other than what is listed above if it must be processed under other laws and regulations.
- Who receives Personal Data
Movida provides Personal Data to parties that provide
(processing) services for Movida, such as our external software suppliers and newsletter provider. We may also share your data with other parties at your request as part of data portability. Movida is legally required to provide data to government bodies, such as the Tax Authorities. Movida may sell or transfer some or all of its business. As part of the sale or transfer, we may transfer Personal Data to those involved.
Movida discloses Personal Data to third parties when required by a legal obligation, a legitimate interest, the agreement entered into with the Client, or is possible with your consent.
- Your rights
The GDPR outlines several rights you are entitled to, which Movida has outlined for you below:
- Right of inspection: you have the opportunity to request, inspect, and check whether, and in what way, your Personal Data is processed by Movida.
- Right to rectification: if it is clear that your Personal Data is incorrect, you can submit a request to Movida to correct it.
- Right to restriction: you have the right to ask Movida to use your Personal Data less.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to ask Movida to erase your Personal Data.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent: if we process your Personal Data based on your consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to request your digital Personal Data so it can be stored for personal use or reuse under certain circumstances. You also have the right to ask Movida to transfer your Personal Data to another party.
- Right to lodge a complaint: you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
To exercise your rights, please submit a written request to us. This request can be e-mailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Movida Nederland B.V.
8226 JX LELYSTAD
Our response period is four (4) weeks, starting from the day your request is received. We will assess whether your request is justified and may also request additional information, for example to verify your identity. If we do not comply with your request, we will explain it to you and you will have the opportunity to object. You can also send this objection using the contact details provided.
We safeguard your privacy interests and maintain confidentiality when processing Personal Data. As part of that process, we comply with the obligations imposed on us by the GDPR. Movida employees handle Personal Data confidentially and are contractually bound to do so. Personal Data will only be provided within Movida to Movida employees who should have access to that Personal Data as part of their role and in accordance with the purpose for which the data was collected.
- Personal Data security
Movida has taken the necessary measures to promote the physical, technical, and organisational security of privacy-sensitive data so that its records are protected against unauthorised access to or provision, alteration and/or deletion of Personal Data, as well as against fire and similar hazards, such as burglary and theft.
- Retention periods
Movida retains your Personal Data for the purposes outlined in this privacy statement. Movida complies with (i) the statutory retention periods, such as a tax period of 7 years, (ii) the guidelines of the supervisory authority, and (iii) the periods it observes in the context of storage limitation, where Movida’s starting point is that your Personal Data will not be kept longer than is strictly necessary for the purpose. If you have questions about the retention periods Movida has in place, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to track how Users use the Website and how effective our Adwords ads are on Google search result pages. Google Analytics collects your IP address and information about your browsing behaviour on our Website, as well as the length of time you visit our Website. Google uses this information to track how our Website is used and to provide us with reports on our Website. The information obtained is transferred to and stored by Google on Google servers. We also store the reports ourselves in our software system.
We have set up Google Analytics to be privacy friendly. For example, your IP address is transmitted anonymously by deleting the last octet in the string and Google is not allowed to provide data to third parties or use it for other Google services. Movida has also signed a processing agreement with Google. We have set the maximum data retention period to the shortest possible period: 14 months. This means that once this period expires, the data is automatically deleted.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
Movida is free to make changes to this Privacy Statement. Movida will notify you of any significant changes and announce them separately on our Website. Movida also recommends that everyone, including Clients and Users, check the Website regularly to see whether any changes have been made.
If you have any other questions about this Privacy Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us at Movida UK Ltd. 39 Sefton Lane Industrial Est. Liverpool
L31 8BX or by e-mailing email@example.com.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 18 august 2022